Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Borrow Real Books with Library to Go!
Good news! Even though the Library's physical facilities are closed due to the coronavirus, NCC students, faculty and staff are still able to borrow real paper books and other materials using our Library to Go service. You can choose contactless pickup on campus, or free delivery to your home.
Open the Word document below for details. Click here to use our request form.
"Library to Go" Service
Find out how you can borrow books, DVDs, and other Library materials, even though the Library is closed.
GET HELP from a LIBRARIAN when you're working ONLINE
Hello, Online Students!
Need help with finding sources, searching databases, formatting citations, or just deciding on a paper topic? The NCC Librarians are ready to help. Even though we're all working from home just like you, we can chat online during the following hours:
- Monday through Thursday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday: 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
For more ways to reach us, and a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), click here. You can also send an e-mail question to firstname.lastname@example.org, or set up a private online appointment with a librarian by using the "Book A Librarian" request form.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Locating Industry Benchmarks
To find performance benchmarks for various industries, use the ProQuest database, as follows:
- Click on the link to ProQuest. If you're off-campus, you'll be asked to log in with your MyNCC information (student ID number and password).
- Select the tab labeled Browse.
- Under the first subject area (Business), click the plus sign (+) next to Industry & Market Research.
- Choose the category "First Research."
- The next screen will contain a list of industries. Scroll down until you see the one you want. Next to that category, click the link labeled "View # of documents."
- When you see the list of "Quarterly Update" documents, the most recent one will be at the top. You can view any of the "Quarterly Updates" or use the "Search Within" box to locate reports containing the word "benchmark."
This Research Guide was updated by Anne Bittner on August 21, 2020.