Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Scientific journals in the library
The following list of scientific journals are located in the periodicals tower.
JADA: Journal of the American Dental Association
- Table of Contents: Original Contributions
New England Journal of Medicine
- Table of Contents: Original Articles
- Table of Contents: Research Articles
How to find scientific journals in the library
Know Your Sources
- Contains an abstract (summary of the article)
- Contains a problem statement identifying the topic
- Tells how the research has been conducted.
- Describes the methods used in gathering data
- Discusses the results of the study
- Gives a conclusion discussing the study's implications for the profession
(summarizing a research article)
- Tries to pull together the literature on a topic and summarize the findings of others
- May have an abstract and conclusion
- Does NOT contain the methods and individual steps used to conduct the original studt
- Written for general readers in less technical language than a research article.