These diagrams and instructions will help you locate the information needed for several assignments in Hospitality courses. Click the tabs to the right to view each page.
To find performance benchmarks for various industries, use the ProQuest database, as follows:
How to Find Articles About Lawsuits Against Restaurants
1) Go to the EBSCOhost database. Select one or more of these modules, which contain general newspapers and magazines, as well as industry-specific trade publications:
2) If you're interested in a specific restaurant or chain, type the name of the business. If not, just use the word restaurant.
3) In the second search box, add words that describe legal action, such as "lawsuit," "litigation," "trial," or "sued."
4) You can also add words that describe the type of lawsuit you're looking for, if you have something specific in mind. Examples include "negligence," "injuries," "liability," and "discrimination."
5) Click the green SEARCH button. Once you see the list of results, you can find an article that interests you and click on the title.
6) When you have found an article that covers your topic, you can e-mail it to yourself, print, or save to your flash drive.
7) For help citing an article, click the gold square icon marked "Cite" and select the correct format (MLA or APA).